Thursday, August 28, 2014

daY 2 - uRbAn aRt?

I must admit I am a sucker for architecture and finding what I think of as art in urban objects.
While in Philadelphia today I fired off a couple of interesting contrasting examples below. The first are geometric drain holes that have been included in a metal street covers on 41st Street. The manufacturer could have just used a plain grille, but instead someone designed these rather nice overlapping circles for a much more aesthetic effect, that still retains its functionality.


The other item that caught my eye were the classic lines of this glass building on Chestnut Street. I am often looking out for reflections of the sky, traffic, people and even other buildings in the face of otherwise dull office blocks and similar featureless construction. In this case though the building already showed a nice architectural shape and lines.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated as there is too many sElFisH spAmMeRs on the web...